- The rules for using our services
- What you can do with our content (share it, link to it, that sort of thing)
- What we can do with things you post or upload.
When these terms applyRead these terms before using our services. Whenever you use our services you agree to these terms. If you don’t stick to all these terms, then we can suspend or terminate your use of services and your account. But first…
What’s this about “services” and “content”?That’s media speak for: a. Services Anything digital offered by the MMN. Such as:
- Websites (like newslaza, maybachmedia and clinfinance )
- Apps (like newslaza, Maybach Media and clinfinance)
- Content available through feeds, like RSS
- Technical stuff such as metadata and open-source code
- Anything made by people using our services. User-generated content, that’s called.
When other terms applya. When you use services provided by MMN Worldwide or someone else When you use someone else’s services or products, like a virtual reality headset, they will have terms for using them. Some services are provided by MMN. These will have their own terms. b. When you use services where we tell you they apply Like when you enter a competition. If there are extra terms, we’ll always let you know.
Terms for using our services and contentA few rules to stop you (and us) getting in trouble. These apply to our services and content. One exception is content that’s made to be shared – “shareables” for short – which has some different, more relaxed rules. a. Don’t mess with our services What do we mean by that? This sort of thing:
- Hacking them
- Trying to get around our content security technology (software that stops people copying our content)
- Refusing to remove content, games, or apps from your device when we ask you to. This might happen when we take down services. Which we can do at any time, without notice.
- Don’t damage our reputation by associating us with sexism or racism, for instance
- Don’t get us sued – by defaming (damaging the reputation of) someone, say, or commenting on an active lawsuit
- Don’t harass or upset people
- Don’t post or upload anything offensive or obscene
- If you disagree with someone, attack the argument, not the person.
- Recreating a service or copying the look of a service
- Using our brands, trademarks or logos without our permission
- Using or mentioning our content in press releases and other marketing bumps
- Making money from our content or services. You can’t charge people to watch our shows, for example
- Sharing our content. Apart from shareables.
Using MMN contenta. When you need permission To use any of the following things…
- Whole shows
- Content from newslaza.com
- Our logo and other branding
- Anything else that’s protected by copyright.
- If you’re at a school, college or university that’s got an Educational Recording Agency license.
- For shareables.
- For open-source code and open data.
- To download podcasts for personal use using our download button. You can download podcasts for personal use. You can also transfer podcasts between your devices. But don’t upload a podcast back to the internet from your device. Use the sharing buttons instead to tell your friends about it.